|Tooth and Claw|
Requires Druid (Guardian)
Requires level 32
|Requires Bear Form|
Your autoattacks in Bear Form have a 40% chance to empower your next Maul for 10 sec. Empowered Maul causes its victim's next autoattack within 15 sec to deal (max((AP * $AGI) * 250 / 100, $STA * 250 / 100) * 0.4) less damage.
So here are the assumptions:
- The cooldown of Maul is less than the melee attack speed of the boss.
- Tooth and Claw does NOT proc from melee misses, dodges or parries.
- In this math I use 40% melee damage which was about the total melee damage I take over the course of a raid night. You can save this spreadsheet and adjust the green fields as you wish to get a more accurate number for you.
Tooth and Claw will increase the stat weights of Haste and Hit/Expertise due to faster attacks to proc more and increasing the amount you do proc from melee attacks connecting.
Tips And Tricks
- Track your Tooth and Claw Buff on you and the Debuff on your target. Do NOT spend rage on maul unless these two conditions are true, the rage is otherwise wasted on just damage.
- Boss DPS: 80000
- Average Vengeance: ~71000 AP
- Average Tooth and Claw Melee Reduction: ~178000
- Boss DPS redution: ~ 5000 DPS
- % Boss DPS reduction: 6.5%
This just shows how much damage is being mitigated with Tooth and Claw on a single hit and the average percentage DPS being mitigated. Please view the TnC tab on the spreadsheet for more extensive math if you wish. Feedback always needed.